birding-aus

Lake Wollumboola

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Lake Wollumboola
From: "Brett at TPG" <>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 16:00:53 +1000
I agree with Evan that it is very unlikely that you will not see a Sea Eagle in the Lake Wollumboola area, or anywhere along the Shoalhaven Coast, but believe that you are more likely to see one if the weather is actually less than reasonable. My wife Karen and I see many more Sea Eagles on overcast days with lots of wind which creates a chop on the water, even calling these kind of days "Sea Eagle days". We believe, with nothing to back it up, that because of the chop, Sea Eagles do not have as clear a view of what is under the water, so they have to spend more time on the wing hunting, so therefore are more likely to be seen.

Brett Davis