birding-aus

Sturt NP - brief trip highlights

To: <>
Subject: Sturt NP - brief trip highlights
From: "Timothy Hyde" <>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 13:21:59 +1000
Greetings all,

Lynda and I are just back from a very quick trip to Sturt NP, with some
interesting sightings.

Crimson Chat    -                       Dead Horse Gully Campground
Tibooburra
Orange Chat                              Dead Horse Gully  & Gorge Loop Road

Cinnamon Quail-thrush               Tibooburra Airport

Painted Finch    -                       Mt Wood

Grey Falcon      -                       Mt Wood

That we are very pleased about those birds is somewhat of an understatement!

The ranger at Tibooburra was very helpful and well worth seeking out for
some local knowledge.

Warning - the mosquitoes at Mt  Wood campground are also a sight to behold.
Suggest travelling with someone who is more attractive to them than you are.

Timothy Hyde   Blue Mountains / Capertee Valley