birding-aus

Cairns update - no Gull

To: "'David Stowe Photography'" <>, "'Birding Aus'" <>
Subject: Cairns update - no Gull
From: "Terry reis" <>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 15:44:49 +1000
I was in Cairns last week and had a look for the laughing gull and was told
by birders (whose names I don't remember) on the Esplanade at the time that
it had died about a month ago. That time fits with the last sightings of the
bird of which I am aware.
There was an Australian Pratincole running around on the mud, which made a
strange sight. At first we thought it was injured but it quite efficiently
flew away after a while. Not your typical species for a mudflat.

Regards
Terry Reis