birding-aus

RE: NSW trip

Subject: RE: NSW trip
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 15:04:53 +1000
Hi All,

I'm leaving this late, but can anyone offer some suggestions on best spots
for a few of the following species:

Ground Parrot
Eastern Bristlebird
Rock Warbler
Plum-headed Finch
Regent Honeyeater
Ground Cuckoo-shrike
Glossy Black Cockatoo
Southern Gerygone and Monarch Species

I'm planning on heading up from Melbourne and probably no further north
than the Capertree Valley.   I'm not sure whether to go inland  to Lake
Cargellico and across, or go closer to the coast.  Could anyone with
current or reliable spots for any of the species let me know the best
spots.  Any "not to miss" spots in southern NSW??

Any help apprecitaed.

Cheers,

Peter