birding-aus

White-throated Needletails and UQ Bush Stone Curlews

Subject: White-throated Needletails and UQ Bush Stone Curlews
From: Rod Gardner <>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 13:10:10 +1000
Seven Needletails flew over Mount Gravatt, Brisbane, just before 1pm. This
is the latest I have seen them by a day or two.

I've also regularly seen the Bush Stone Curlews at UQ, but never more than
three individuals. My two daughters, who are 2 and 4, have become very
familiar with them on their way to creche across the road there.

Rod Gardner

School of Education & Professional Studies (Brisbane, Logan)