birding-aus

Swamp Harrier,Minnippi, Brisbane, Qld

To: "Colin R" <>
Subject: Swamp Harrier,Minnippi, Brisbane, Qld
From: peter crow <>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 18:12:32 +1000
Minnippi Parklands is in Bri\sbane's eastern suburbs.

About two or three km north west of Minnippi and right on the Brisbane River is Metroplex Industrial estate which has a fair wetlands in the centre, with a good boardwalk. The island in the centre provides a roost and breeding place for Ibus, egrets and spoonbills with cormorants and small birds about. There are often raptors prestent. Swamp Harriers have been seen there on a number of occasions.

Peter