birding-aus

Feigning a broken wing

Subject: Feigning a broken wing
From: "John Graff" <>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 22:09:51 +1030
Hi
This behaviour is reasonably widespread, particularly in ground-nesting
birds. I've personally observed it in red-capped plover, hooded plover and
rock parrot. Interestingly, I've never seen it in turtledoves even though a
pair of laughing turtledoves nested in a tree in the backyard for several
years.

Unfortunate about the young dove

Cheers
John Graff