birding-aus

alice springs

To: "birding aus" <>
Subject: alice springs
From: "gary wright" <>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 22:04:03 +0930
Alana

your email reminded me that a couple of weeks ago, I saw 15 -20 pied
honeyeaters along the todd river in alice springs.  all were brown birds.  They
were a short way down Ross Hwy just before the houses start on the right hand
side just prior to the nursery on the rhight hand side.  This is very close to
the roundabout where you turn down ross hwy.

If you haven't seen channell billed cuckoo they are still around Alice at the
moment- around Gosse St early morning is a good place

Gary