birding-aus

RFI Bunya Mountains and Surrounds

To: <>
Subject: RFI Bunya Mountains and Surrounds
From: "Lee & Margi" <>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 18:56:21 +1000
Hi all,

Just after some tips/advice for the areas around the Bunya Mountains (QLD).

I'll be spending a week in the Bunya Mtns (QLD) during late May and having
been to the Bunyas before I know what to expect for the mountains, but since
we'll be there for a while we will be doing some exploring of the
surrounding areas.

Anyone got any tips/advice/contacts for good birding spots around Bell,
Jandowae, Kingaroy etc etc (2WD accessible)?

Wambo Shire Council have a pretty good bird trail brochure with some sites,
directions and lists which include many birds that I don't have yet
(Choughs, Blue Bonnets, Yellow Throated Miners, various other Honeyeaters,
Woodswallows and parrots) so I'm pretty keen to explore the area.

Plenty of info in the archives on Bunya Mountains, but not much on the
surrounding areas.

Many Thanks

Lee
Hervey Bay (QLD)