birding-aus

Re: Report of SIPO at Kurnell, Sydney

To: <>
Subject: Re: Report of SIPO at Kurnell, Sydney
From: "Troy Mutton" <>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:04:20 +1100
Hi Everyone,

I was at this spot briefly at around 7 on Sunday morning and saw 3 Aus.
Oystercatchers, as well as the usual suspects - ie: pelicans, ibis, chestnut
teal, swamphens etc. No SIPO's (as far as I could tell). There has been a pair
that bred there a month or 2 ago that have ahad a juvenile around recently -
could this be the SIPO? all I mean is a smaller/shorter bird (I've never seen
one, so I'm just going off field guides as to difference).

Anyway - all the Oystercatchers I've seen there recently have been the same as
the others: ie - Australian Pied Oystercatchers. I spent about 4 hours on the
other side of the bay at Bonna Pt on the previous sunday (4th March) trying to
find my yellow legged waders (which ended up being tattlers) and saw approx 9
Pied Oystercatchers flying in the direction of Quibray Bay/the wader spot
across the road from Cronulla High - ie: S/SW).

Any further info/photos? I'd love for this to be confirmed! I'll be out there
on the weekend having a look for sure.

Cheers
Troy

----------------

HI all,

I visited the 'Metromix" roost area this morning to check this out.

No Oystercatcher's at 11.00 and one Australian version at 12.15

Very little else there for the 3.30 or so High tide. Royal Spoonbill 1,
Striated Heron 1 Juv and usual ibis, C Teal etc.,

Maybe if the person (Stephen Ransom) who reported it to Eremea Birds could post
some comments it may be helpful?

Cheers

Alan

************************************************************************ *

Alan McBride
Birding Guide +

http://web.mac.com/amcbride1

Please consider the environment before printing my e-mail

e-mail:
Skype me:       mcbird101
Tel:                    + 61 2 9973 3141
Mob:            + 61 419 414 860
Fax:                    + 61 2 9973 2306

solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If
you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. This e-mail is
also subject to copyright. No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or
transmitted without the prior written consent of the copyright owner.