birding-aus

No SIPO at Kurnell today

To: Crispin Marsh <>
Subject: No SIPO at Kurnell today
From: Alan McBride <>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:53:53 +1100
The site is what used to be known as the Metromix swamp.

It's about 400 - 500 metres north (towards Kurnell) of the roundabout on Capt Cook Drive. It has a very small entrance area on the left and in this entrance is a sign saying that the inter-tidal mud-flats have been developed by various groups of concerned people. You park in this entrance and walk about 20 metres to the edge of the flats. The parking area on the left is opposite an entrance with more workings on the sand dunes and a sign showing how they re-developing the dunes to help the environment! Incidentally this site usually has two or three Pied Oycs.

As I mentioned earlier I was there today at 11.00 and 12.15 with only one Australian Pied Oystercatcher present at the later visit.

There is a newer boardwalk / lookout overlooking Quibray Bay and Towra Point another 2 or 3Km further on also on the left, which is maybe where Peter means. At this point today were Bar-tailed Godwit (20), Black-tailed Godwit (1) anda number of Grey-tailed Tattlers and Masked Lapwings.

Hope this helps?

Alan

************************************************************************ *
Alan McBride
Birding Guide +

http://web.mac.com/amcbride1

Please consider the environment before printing my e-mail

e-mail:
Skype me:       mcbird101
Tel:                    + 61 2 9973 3141
Mob:            + 61 419 414 860
Fax:                    + 61 2 9973 2306

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. This e-mail is also subject to copyright. No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the prior written consent of the copyright owner. ************************************************************************ *