birding-aus

sick currawong - white feet

To: <>
Subject: sick currawong - white feet
From: "Caroline Kelly" <>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 20:43:16 +1000
Wow that was quick! Thanks all for the responses - I've pasted them all
below as some replied to me privately (I hope that is ok?).

Does Cnemidocoptic mites = Scaley leg mite = bumblefoot?

I should note here that I don't feed this or any other bird - and I really
don't like my chances of catching it! It doesn't appear to be disabled in
any other way - flies/walks/feeds just fine... and the beak appeared
unaffected. We do live in a built up urban area - and not near a rubbish
tip... or chicken/poultry farm... though I'm sure they have a large range.

This is the 1st time I have seen the bird... I will however keep an eye out
for it now and if I do happen to see it again will keep a close eye on it. I
have done a wildlife care course so if it does become disabled I will
transport it to Currumbin.

Thanks again!
Caroline