birding-aus

FW: [Birding-Aus] Javan Pond Heron in Darwin

To: <>
Subject: FW: [Birding-Aus] Javan Pond Heron in Darwin
From: "Richard Noske" <>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 13:11:41 +0930
Dear all

I think it only fair to point out that the first to observe the heron
(to my knowledge) was Steven Reynolds, a postgraduate student here at
CDU.
So full credit to Steve for spotting it!
When he described it to me, I suspected Pond Heron - confirmed by photos
in the OBC photo gallery - and sent a message to the local birding
network to encourage people to take a look at the spot.
Fortunately, lots of people took up the offer and it's been seen by
maybe a dozen birders!
Cheers
Richard

Dr Richard Noske