birding-aus

low tech bird quiz

To: "Birding-aus \(E-mail\)" <>
Subject: low tech bird quiz
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 13:20:57 +1100
The  has a history of some quizzes and
similar items so I thought I will send this (almost)simultaneously to there and
to B-A. If you don't like the idea of a quiz, please just delete it. Hopefully
some of you like it.

Here is a low tech bird quiz (no photos) created for no other reason apart from
amusement value (and some educational value). I have made up a list of 26 bird
species (or larger bird groups) along with these are 26 different uses in which
the feet of each of these birds are particularly associated with and other
birds are not. Both lists are sorted alphabetically. I have not included the
obvious that birds most use their feet for standing, many for walking, some for
swimming. Your challenge if you choose to accept it, is to match them up. Some
are really easy, others less so but I believe only one combination is correct.
Some combinations may be correct, although not strongly characteristic and
actually other combinations are better, so choose the best one. For example you
may believe that a Cassowary typically uses its feet for Climbing branches then
realise that Climbing branches fits the Adelie Penguin better, then you answer
would include 1 C. (Hint, neither of these clues are correct). Please don't
send your answers to the list (so as to give everyone their own independent
go), just send your list of numbers and letters to me. There is no prize. I'll
give the answers and score in a few days.

Philip

     BIRD

      1
     Adelie Penguin