birding-aus

Number of Birders in Australia

To: "Dave Torr" <>, <>
Subject: Number of Birders in Australia
From: "Tim Murphy" <>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 15:13:16 +1000
I think that this post started on the question of what is the chance that a
birder would recognise a Grey-headed Lapwing or a Rose-winged Starling as
something which was something out of the ordinary enough to try and tell
some real birder about it.

I wouldn't have thought that many, but then a Black skinned (aka Chinese)
Chicken got on Channel 10 and generated some excitement - mainly though as
it was on a Brush-Turkey mound and got people thinking of miscegenation and
cross species sex..

Tim Murphy