birding-aus

Split of Rockhopper Penguin

To: "'Peter Shute'" <>, <>
Subject: Split of Rockhopper Penguin
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 09:55:27 +1030
My records show Eudyptes chrysocome as being the eastern race and
Eudyptes (c?) moseleyi as being the WA race. So far this discussion has
ignored the third race  Eudyptes c. filholi.  What does anyone know
about this third race? i.e. where is it supposed to be found and in what
ways does it vary from the other two.?
None of this splitting/lumping is of any significance to my personal
bird counts  - I haven't seen any of them.  Grrr.

Tony.