birding-aus

Inskip Point

To: <>
Subject: Inskip Point
From: "Lee & Margi" <>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 19:44:39 +1000
Hi All,

Went for a day trip down to Inskip Point on Sat and had a great day of
birding.

This was my first time to the area, and what a great spot, birds everywhere!
My goal of the day was to add the BBBQ to my list but unfortunately they
remained out of sight (to me anyway), the other watchers that joined me
managed to sight them throughout the morning.  Oh well, I now have an excuse
to go back.

After spending the morning at Inskip we drove up to the Bymien picnic area
for some rainforest birds (and some cooler temps).  Whilst the No. of
species wasn't large I had some wonderful sightings of Wompoo Fruit Doves,
Rose-crowned Fruit Dove, Spectacled Monarchs and some Pale Yellow Robins.
Both the Wompoo Dove and Pale Yellow Robin were new birds for me so I was
pretty pleased with that area.

Last stop of the day was a quick walk along the Searys Creek boardwalk, the
highlight being sightings of one of my favourite birds - White-cheeked
Honeyeater.

A good day all round with 2 new birds for me and the need to go back again
for the BBBQ.

My list of sightings for the day was:

Inskip Point
Brush Turkey