birding-aus

Indian mynahs in the SMH letters page

Subject: Indian mynahs in the SMH letters page
From: David Berg <>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 14:52:55 +1100 (EST)
Those that read the Sydney Morning herald letters page may have seen letters
from recent visitors to India stating that they never saw Indian mynahs there!
  Well, I just got back from 5 weeks in India and they are still common
everywhere we went, including Delhi, Amritsar, Haridwar, Agra, Mysore, Periyar
NP, Cochin etc i think the SMH correspondents must have had their eyes closed.
I'll put up some sitings and photos later, but it was sad to see Bharatpur
empty of water birds due to the failure of the monsoon in 2006, and the
stunning lack of vultures since my last visit in 1987. However, we saw lots of
beautiful birds, and its still my favourite country to visit in the world!

  Dave Berg