birding-aus

Good Birding around Sydney

To: birding australia <>
Subject: Good Birding around Sydney
From: Grant Brosie <>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 16:23:29 +1100 (EST)
Everyone,

Nick Livanos and I spent yesterday birding around
Sydney trying to pick up a few year/life ticks.
First stop was Cumberland SF where we dipped on
Powerful Owl but did see King Parrot, Satin Bowerbird
and Brown Gerygone.
2 Wood Sandpiper were seen at Wilberforce along with 4
Latham's Snipe. No Pectoral or Shelduck.
Then we headed across the city to Boat Harbour. Plenty
of Pacific Golden Plover and Red-necked Stint, an
Eastern Reef Egret, 3 Sooty Oystercatcher, 1 Ruddy
Turnstone and 1 WANDERING TATTLER!
Penrhyn Rd failed to produce Fairy Tern or Kelp Gull
but we did see Little and Common Tern, 1 Eastern
Curlew and a Curlew Sandpiper.
Our last stop for the day was Magic Point. Apart from
many unidentifed shearwaters, we also saw another Reef
Egret, 1 Arctic Jaeger, 2+ POMARINE JAEGER and a few
Gannets.
2 lifers and 9 year ticks for the day. Big thanks go
to Edwin, Keith, David and Graham for their
assistance.

Yours in year ticking,
Grant Brosie
Raworth