birding-aus

NSW Boat Harbour, Sydney - Wandering Tattler - 26th Jan 07

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: NSW Boat Harbour, Sydney - Wandering Tattler - 26th Jan 07
From: "Edwin Vella" <>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 10:15:34 +1100
Yesterday (26/1/07), I spent an hour or so at Boat Harbour near Kurnell
(approx. 20km south of Sydney CBD) and saw a Wandering Tattler on the
eastern side of Boat Harbour (on the rocks just below the cliffs). The
Wandering Tattler has turned up at Boat Harbour over the years and could
well be a regular visitor to Sydney. Also around Boat Harbour were 30
Pacific Golden Plovers, 15 Ruddy Turnstones, over a hundred Red-necked
Stints, 2 Pied and 7 Sooty Oystercachers and a Darter on Merries Reef.

Before going to Boat Harbour, I also check out Shell Pt (Tarren Point)
where I saw 33 Pied Oystercatchers roosting at high tide. I also checked
this spot briefly after coming back from Boat Harbour but the tide was
too far out so I missed most of the birds. I however did see at Low tide
2 Whimbrel, at least 2 Eastern Curlews, 4 Grey-tailed Tattlers and 17
Bar-tailed Godwits.

Edwin Vella