birding-aus

Birds of Oman on Local TV

To: <>
Subject: Birds of Oman on Local TV
From: "Peter Woodall" <>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 13:06:43 +1000
Just before turning in last night at about 10.10pm,  I did a bit of
channel surfing on the TV and found on the local Brisbane channel,
Briz31, a film on the "Birds of Oman".  When I looked it up in the TV
program, it was under "Films from Oman" so there was no warning that it
was going to be about birds.

It was quite good although the commentary was more for the general
public than for birders, e.g. there were some shots of interesting birds
(warblers, larks, etc)  that were not identified but overall it was good
enough to keep us hooked until it ended at 10.30.  The pronunciation of
some of the names was quite interesting with Oouwls, and Bouustards, etc
but there were some great shots of both European and Indian Rollers,
sand "groouse", coursers, larks, etc.

Did anyone else see it?

Cheers

Peter Woodall