birding-aus

Re. Attracting

To: "'Lynda Hyde'" <>, "'Birding-aus'" <>
Subject: Re. Attracting
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 08:57:55 +1030
Onyer Linda.

-----Original Message-----
From:
 On Behalf Of Lynda Hyde
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2007 10:16 AM
To: 'Birding-aus'

 Hi all,

I think this also involves a courtesy issue.

Over the years I've been on lots birding adventures in the presence of
other birders, some organised some chance meetings. On the occasions
where someone has had playback I am yet to be asked if I, or the other
birders mind if it is used. This can ruin a days birding, having to grin
and bare it, being too embarrassed to say anything at the time and
feeling very angry.

Maybe we could be colour banded to tell each other apart.

Play back definitely has a place, in research and field study, but using
it as a way of 'ticking off' another bird gets the thumbs down from me.

Leave the ipod at home; use it as a learning tool, not a honey pot.

Ipod  not  Uspod

Cheers

Lynda

Lynda Hyde