birding-aus

Tarong National Park

To: <>
Subject: Tarong National Park
From: "Julian Bielewicz" <>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 10:42:19 +1000
Yesterday, Friday 5 January 2007, the three of us [Fay and I, together with
Jan England, visiting for a few days] again took a break from house
renovations to do a little "live" birding.  We decided to investigate the
nearby [a few kms down the road] Tarong National Park [not to be confused
with the even closer Tarong State Forest].  To keep matters simple we
crusied gently along the Tarong-Yarraman Road, stopping whenever bird calls
were heard.  It never ceases to amaze me how in following a seemingly
straight line of road there are patches as silent as the graveyard whereas a
metre or so further along the canopy is teeming with birdlife.

Our tally included:

Torresian Crow
Pied Currawong
White-throated Gerygone