birding-aus

Fw: Little Tern and Fairy Tern at Penrhyn Road

To: <>
Subject: Fw: Little Tern and Fairy Tern at Penrhyn Road
From: "alan morris" <>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 14:18:16 +1100
Hi Birders,

Forwarded for information.

However in respect to Tony's comments about the Fairy Tern's colour bands, I would say that in my extensive experience in managing Little Tern colonies, colour-banded Little Terns live long lives and those colour-banded on the Central Coast have been tracked to many other colonies over the years and the banding does not appear to impede their breeding success or their longevity.

Alan Morris