birding-aus

Magpie with band

To: <>
Subject: Magpie with band
From: "Sandra Henderson" <>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 11:14:34 +1100
http://www.deh.gov.au/biodiversity/science/abbbs/ is the Bird and bat
Banding Scheme home page (and yes, its postal address is GPO Box 8,
Canberra).  The database on that site allows for searches on specific
species - so a search on magpie reveals there's been a lot of banding of
magpies, including in Queensland.  The page includes contact information
and so on.   For general information about the Australian Bird and Bat
Banding Scheme contact the Department of the Environment and Heritage's
Community Information Unit on 1800 803 772 or email
There are other contact points also given on the website, as well as
links to state environment agencies

Sandra Henderson
Manager, Research, Coordination Support Branch
National Library of Australia
CANBERRA  ACT 2600
Phone: +61 2 6262 1481
Fax: +61 2 6273 2545