birding-aus

Buff-breasted Sandpiper- Stockton Borehole Swamp, Teralba, Lake Macquari

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Buff-breasted Sandpiper- Stockton Borehole Swamp, Teralba, Lake Macquarie
From: Michael Todd <>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 14:30:01 +1100
Hello all,

Sorry for the delay in reporting this but the bird hasn't been seen since the morning of the 29 Dec 2006. It was found by Glenn Holmes last Friday. The bird was apparently fairly distinctive. It seems to have moved on but may still turn up somewhere in the Lower Hunter this summer. What is still there is up to 7 Red-necked Avocet, a Pectoral Sandpiper and up to 600 Sharp-tailed Sandpipers.

While I'm emailing I thought I'd mention that I'm going to be making a move to Tasmania in a couple of months. I'll be studying Masked Owls at the University of Tasmania. It'll be a test of my tolerance of cold conditions!

Cheers

Mick Todd

--
Michael Todd Wildlifing Images & Sounds of Nature
Latest Additions: Squirrel Glider, Tetratheca juncea, Pectoral Sandpiper