birding-aus

Birdlist for each state and Australia list

Subject: Birdlist for each state and Australia list
From: "Justin Jansen" <>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 10:18:31 +0100
Hi all,

Could I go through some statistics. I have to do a lecture about birding in Australia, and looking for the number of bird observed in each state and the whole country.
The farrest I got is that in Australia (under this taxonomy) 847 species are recorded.
And there are 622 species recorded in Queenland. And 540 in Western Australia.
But could some-one tell me if these numbers are right, and what is recorded within the other states!

Thank you very much and hope you all have a splendid 2007,

Justin Jansen
The Netherlands