birding-aus

Penguins....!

Subject: Penguins....!
From: "inger vandyke" <>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 04:05:46 +0000

  Hi Alan,

  Have you tried the excellent shop at Sydney Aquarium?  It has all
  sorts of goodies like that.  Good luck with your search.

  On a sadder note, it seems someone has taken it upon themselves to
  kill five Little Penguins down on the St Kilda breakwater.  See the
  following link:

  http:/news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=65385

  These penguins were either stabbed multiple times or had their necks
  wrung.  Sadly it seems this was after a new fence had been erected to
  stop this.  Perhaps video security might work in this case?

  Why would anyone do this?

  So sad.

  Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas tomorrow and a wildlife filled
  2007.

  Regards,

  Inger