birding-aus

White-throated needletails report

To: "'Birding-aus'" <>
Subject: White-throated needletails report
From: "Colin Driscoll" <>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 10:55:20 +1100
Saturday am about 200 WTN at the eastern side of Watagan NP (353200,6345400
MGA). They came from the south into a north wester and gathered in a
whirling ball above the end of the ridge then dispersed to feed. I was on a
high rocky outcrop and they were whizzing by at as close as 10m- a great
sight. They were around for about half an hour and then headed north west.

Definitely no FT with them.

And while I am typing this there is a Pacific Baza calling from a tree just
outside my office- Bolton Point western Lake Macquarie. The Baza is a
regular around here.

Cheers

Colin Driscoll