birding-aus

Kookas nesting

To: "Birds" <>
Subject: Kookas nesting
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 18:19:05 +1030
Like most areas of Adelaide I have Blackbirds scratching up mulch all
over my footpaths, damn pesky things.
 I was pleased some weeks ago when a pair of Kookaburras started
frequenting my garden and causing much anguish for the Blackbirds which
nest in a large inaccessible climbing solanum spp. My thoughts were that
the Kookaburras were predating the Blackbirds' nest, which they may well
be.

However, today I realised that the Kookaburras themselves actually have
a nest with squeaking young in a large palm tree in the back corner of
my garden. Not bad for suburban Adelaide.

Tony.