birding-aus

Songfinder question

To: "'Gregory Little'" <>, "'birding-aus'" <>
Subject: Songfinder question
From: "Colin Driscoll" <>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 16:09:02 +1100
Greg. Yes I have used such devices and the problem is that you hear
everything else as well. Unfortunately you can't filter out the rustling of
leaves in the wind or the crunch of your feet on the ground. They were very
good for standing at the edge of the lake on a still night and hearing the
conversation of fishermen in their boat some distance away but even then the
background traffic noise was a problem.

I'm sure that there will be highly sensitive directional mics that would
reduce the background problem considerably but these would not meet your
'reasonable price' criterion.

Colin Driscoll