birding-aus

First swifts, Turramurra

To: <>
Subject: First swifts, Turramurra
From: "Tom and Mandy Wilson" <>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:44:17 +1100
Hi all
saw my first swifts of spring/summer over my house in Turramurra (N Sydney)
today at 2:40pm -1 day after 2005's 1st sighting.  A flock of about 40 White
Throated Needletails in relatively clear conditions and not much wind
blowing.  Birds at mid-level - well above tree tops but still easily visible
to naked eye.  Also a Collared Sparrowhawk, much lower than the swifts, so
she must have been after something else.
Cheers
Tom Wilson