birding-aus

Re Philippine guide

To: <>, <>
Subject: Re Philippine guide
From: "ANDREW ADCOCK" <>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 11:05:07 -0000
Hi Bob,
most up to date field guide is 'Kennedy' et al which took over from the dated
'Dupont.

I'm in the Uk so don't know where you can get it over there but there are
several online resources such as NHBS (Natural history book service) or Amazon.
 Thery have been very cheap recently for some reason, maybe an overprint?

I get my books from a UK company called 'Wildsounds' who are extremely helpful
and efficient and I'm sure as a a last resort you could get one there.
www.wildsounds.com/cgi-bin/mktop.pl

ISBN for Kennedy is 0-19-854668-8

I suppose most members of this forum who bird in Asia are aware of the OBC.
Oriental Bird Club?  A very worthy club which not only provides funding for
various small projects throughout the region but also has an online forum like
this one and also sells various top quality trip reports to help fund both the
club and it's projects.

Membership is pretty cheap considering that you get two high quality
publications each year known as 'Forktail' and 'Birding Asia' respectively.
I'd recommend membership to anyone interested in Asian birding. I'll send a
link separately for those interested.

All the best, Andy Adcock.