birding-aus

RFI birding mallee and riverland

Subject: RFI birding mallee and riverland
From: Cheryl Ridge <>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 18:29:51 -0800 (PST)
Hello

Many thanks to those who have emailed me privately
during the last week or two with suggestions of places
to visit.

I am trying to have a rough "plan of attack" before we
leave Melbourne (11th Nov) and this will mean
obtaining some maps/brochures (I cant rely on my own
printer which is on the blink).

We are trying to avoid buying a boot load of books and
maps but would appreciate some guidance on a few handy
maps or brochures/booklets we should obtain beforehand
to help us in our planning (besides the various
websites I have been studying pertaining to bird
spots).

Areas of interest: SA riverland, murraylands, mallee,
NW Victoria.

Planning to travel from Melbourne to the SA border on
the first day.

regards

Cheryl