birding-aus

NSW-Sydney-Eastern Subrubs-Centennial Park - highlights

To: <>
Subject: NSW-Sydney-Eastern Subrubs-Centennial Park - highlights
From: "Frank Hemmings" <>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 08:24:42 +1000
Hi All,

Walked through the park on way to work yesterday and saw a Dollarbird, a new
one for my park list, plus great views of the Tawny Grassbird still on the
Willow Pond, a flock of 24 Cattle Egrets in breeding plumage taking off from
the Duck Pond, one Olive-backed Oriole still here in the western corner of the
park flocking with Figbirds, and a Nankeen Night Heron pointed out to me by
other birders (thanks if you are reading this) on an island in the Kensington
Pond.  No Little Bitterns though, guess I'll have to head over to Eastlakes.
Cheers.

Frank

Frank Hemmings
Curator
John T. Waterhouse Herbarium
School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences
University of New South Wales
UNSW SYDNEY 2052
AUSTRALIA

Tel +61 2 9385 3274