birding-aus

Woodswallows over Lapstone/Blue Mountains

Subject: Woodswallows over Lapstone/Blue Mountains
From: "steve roderick" <>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 09:03:08 +1000

  Evan,

   We get them often in the hunter after westerlys, I posted a sighting
  a couple a weeks ago and I also had them yesterday. I came across
  about 200+ White-browed and Masked Woods yesterday at about 5:30pm,
  with fading light I chased them down and found them roosting in the
  Kurri Sand Swamp Woodland, amongst Corymbia maculata and Eucalyptus
  parramattenis subsp. decadens. I checked them out this morning but
  they had gone by 7am, I suspected so as with the southerly we got last
  night I'd say they were on there way back inland early this morning.

  Steve.

  P.S. Hunter Home Brewers by 5!