birding-aus

Plains Wanderer Round Hill

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Plains Wanderer Round Hill
From: "TERRILL NORDSTROM" <>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 21:56:16 +1000
Spent four days last week with my mate Darryl Mackay at Round Hill Nature
Reserve central NSW and while driving along the road that divides Round Hill
reserve and Nombinnie reserve we observed a male Plains Wanderer with three
chicks. The bird was in the middle of the road and it started to walk towards
the edge of the road with it's chicks running close to it's legs and we watched
it until it disappeared into the Mallee. Other birds recorded were thousands of
Masked and White-browed Woodswallows, Spotted Nightjar,Chestnut
Quail-thrush,Red-chested Button-quail,Southern Scrub Robin,Crimson Chat and
Black-eared Cuckoo also we found Malleefowl footprints.    Regards Terrill