birding-aus

Olive-backed Oriole at Ivanhoe

Subject: Olive-backed Oriole at Ivanhoe
From: brian fleming <>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 17:49:55 +1000
This afternoon two Olive-backed Orioles were calling from tall trees on the Yarra bank at Wilson Reserve. I spent 20 minutes walking around looking up into tree-tops but never saw either bird. Still, they're here. I also saw a Water-Rat (Rakali) in the Reedy Billabong - it surfaced twice, quite close, then dived again and did not reappear.

Anthea Fleming