birding-aus

AGP - STILL MIA, PENRHYN ESTUARY, SYDNEY

To: "Birding-Aus (E-mail)" <>
Subject: AGP - STILL MIA, PENRHYN ESTUARY, SYDNEY
From: "Graham Buchan" <>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 19:19:14 +1000
Folks,

Another day in the heat, mud, sand and wind saw no Golden Plovers at Penrhyn.
However, the same Curlew Sandpiper which accompanied the AGP and PGP on Tuesday
did turn up at 4.15 as the tide was coming up.

That said there were  2 Pied Oystercatchers, 2 Gull-Billed Terns (very
handsome), 3 Sharpies and 7 Crested Terns this afternoon.

The monthly bird count is on tomorrow am but I can not go so I hope Phil Straw
et al will see it.

I must say it has been great meeting so many birders in the last few days - all
from differing backgrounds but all with a passion for birds. Birders may be
rare in Australia but they certainly know their stuff! I will have to go on one
of the exotic tropical pelagics they talked about.

Cheers,

Graham