birding-aus

Another Tattler teaser

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Another Tattler teaser
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:07:32 +1000
Hi all,

I'm back from my semi-successful 11 week birding trip to the top and bottom of
Western Australia.
Twenty five new species for my list (now 570*, give or take a couple of splits or lumps) but none of them were grasswrens, three tried for but all missed out on seeing me!

Now the Tale of Two Tattlers begins again.

Paul Walbridge and I have been out and about looking for tattlers to photograph for our planned on-line feature on how to identify Wandering Tattlers.
To make the resource worthwhile we hope to provide a variety of plumage stages
of both species.
That could take a little while but just to keep your minds on the job I have placed some of Paul's most recent tattler images on a web-page for you all to practice your id-ing skills on.

Go to:
http://users.tpg.com.au/inglisrc/tattspw1009061.htm

Please peruse these images and make a note of your identification/s and why.
I will provide a run-down on our identification/s in a few days.

A tip: Try to find more than one diagnostic feature on which to base your
identification/s.

Cheers
Bob Inglis
Sandstone Point
Qld
Australia

* 571 if you count the odd Grey-headed Lapwing.