birding-aus

Green Singers - sing FOR the birds

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Green Singers - sing FOR the birds
From: "Wendy" <>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 13:27:23 +1000
Hello All,
Anyone (in the Melbourne area) with a song in their heart and a wish to spread
a positive environmental message may be interested in the following message.

I have been in the Green Singers for a number of years. We had lots of fun
singing together and it was a fun way to spread an environmental message. We
have sung songs such as "Wind Harps of the Wimmera" by Faye White about
Allocasuarina luemannii woodlands and the Bush Stone Curlew and RT Black
Cockatoo that live there.

Cheers,
Wendy Moore

Green Singers are starting up again!
We are very excited to announce that Victoria’s environment choir the Green
Singers is reforming with Steven Lindsay as our new Choir Leader.  Steven has a
strong background as an environmentalist, musician and educator, especially
with community organisations.

The Green Singers were a real feature of the Melbourne singing community
between 2000 and late 2004, singing about the environment and about the peace
and social justice that are necessary to achieve a sustainable world.  We
performed at the Boite World Music Café each year for World Environment Day, at
the Daylesford Singers Festival , the Darebin Music festival, and a wide
variety of environment and social justice conferences, dinners and fund raisers.

This community choir is open to all singers. Bring your passion for the world
and come and join us. Rehearsals are held on Monday nights 7 pm to 9 pm from
October 2nd at the Uniting Church, 251 High Street Northcote.  Just come along
or if you would like to discuss joining the choir, contact Steven on 8309 4698
or   Or Meg on 9481 0059.