birding-aus

Flinders Ra's & Lyndhurst, SA

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Flinders Ra's & Lyndhurst, SA
From: "Peter Waanders" <>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:09:50 +0930
Hi all
I've just returned from a very successful trip to the Flinders Ranges & Mt
Lyndhurst with highlights being Short-tailed Grasswren, Thick-billed
Grasswren, Eyrean Grasswren, Chestnut-breasted Whiteface, Cinnamon
Quail-thrush, Gibberbird, Ground Cuckoo-shrike, Rufous Fieldwren, Redthroat,
Square-tailed Kite.
Lowlight was hitting a kangaroo that did significant damage to my car.
There are many tripreports on b-a and other places which detail locations
for these species. I could not believe that some people cannot find the
two-gates site or the rusting car at Mt Lyndhurst. The 2-gates site is at 30
12 34 / 138 36 03. The whitefaces were close to here, about 100 m along the
fence (leading away from Lyndhurst) and then 50 m inside the fence. The
Eyrean Grasswren was at Montecollina Bore, between the bore and the road.
Sh-t Grasswrens were reasonably common at Stokes Hill, from very close to
the lookout carpark to the second gully due South. Their behaviour, call and
song are quite different to Striated Grasswren with which I have a lot of
experience at Gluepot.
On the way back we found Slender-billed Thornbill at Pt Gawler.
Cheers

Peter Waanders
Waikerie, South Australia
mob.: 0407 800264
SA Birding: http://www.sabirding.com
E-mail1:
E-mail2:

********* This email and any attachments may be confidential and legally
privileged.
Please notify the sender immediately if you received this message in error.
Please do not delete or alter this notice.