birding-aus

WA Trip Lists

To: birdswa email list <>
Subject: WA Trip Lists
From: "Frank O'Connor" <>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 23:45:27 +0800
   I have posted trip lists for Western Australia, and also South West
   Western Australia on my web site.  Click on Bird Lists in the menu.
   The lists are Microsoft Excel 2003 files with columns for 14 days.  A
   list of mammals is also included, and a blank page to write in any
   reptiles.
   The WA list has all birds recorded in WA, plus some that have been
   claimed but not corroborated.  The scientific name is also included.
   I haven't proof read this yet for any typos.  The South West list
   comes out at 13 A4 pages (landscape).  The Western Australian list is
   21 pages.  I will probably also create files for southern WA (up to
   Carnarvon and Meekatharra), and the Kimberley.
   In the future, I plan to somehow mark how common each species is.
   Maybe by colour, or with another column.  Anyone is welcome to use the
   format to create other state or full Australian lists, although an
   acknowledgement would be welcome!  I plan to offer the list to Birds
   Australia Western Australia to print and sell for say $5.
   Any suggestions for improvements are very welcome.
   All the best

   Frank O'Connor           Birding WA [1]http://birdingwa.iinet.net.au
   Phone : (08) 9386 5694              Email :