birding-aus

4 letter codes for common bird names

To: "Ian May" <>, "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: 4 letter codes for common bird names
From: "Peter Johnson (Intouch Data)" <>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 17:39:41 +1000
Hi Ian

Being in the database business I think your idea has tremendous value. There is
a number of web initiatives alone that would benefit from such a data set.
Those with list compilation facilities etc would be enhanced by such a code
when multiple users are involved (for instance). However I am not sure what
benefit your ultimate outcome would provide? May I ask what is your particular
need? And Ian (tongue firmly in cheek here) what would the four letter code for
Emu be?

cheers

peter