birding-aus

RFI: Darwin and Niven's book

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: RFI: Darwin and Niven's book
From: "Chris Sanderson" <>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:32:07 -0800
Hi all,

I'll be heading off to Darwin tomorrow and was wondering if anyone could
fill me in on a few things:

Gouldian Finches - any good sites for them at the moment (I'll be searching
in Pine Creek area anyway, but it helps to know where they're being found
right now).

Waders - any good ones overwintering at any of the roost sites around
Darwin?

Rarities - anything unusual about at the moment like Garganys?

Niven's book - I haven't been able to get a copy of Niven's book, do any of
the local stores in Darwin carry it?  I'd like to pick it up before heading
out of town on Wednesday.

And finally, the three of us will be in Darwin on the 25th of July with a
whole day to bird, would any locals be interested in coming around with us
as we'd appreciate a local's knowledge of the area.

I'll collate any info I get for birding-aus plus a trip report when I get
back.

Regards,
Chris