birding-aus

GH Lapwing - Saturday 15th July

To: <>
Subject: GH Lapwing - Saturday 15th July
From: <>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 15:32:33 +1000
Hello again,

Mat and Alex (6 months) and I successfully twitched the Grey-headed
Lapwing on Saturday morning (10:30-11:30).

It was very close to the silo, easily observable from the road.  Most of
the time it was only a few metres from the bitumen, spending time on
both sides of the road, about 50m east of the silo.  It was a relief to
see the bird before we'd even stopped the car on the first drive
through.

Despite the pouring rain, and miserable windy conditions, it seemed
quite happy, and was actively running around feeding around the many
puddles.

Two happy SA twitchers were there too!

Thanks Karen and Brett Davis for being so incomprehendibly (sp?) alert
to this bird!

and thanks also to all those who've posted updates to the list.

Good luck if you are yet to make the trip!

Cheers

Cathy, Mat and Alex Gilfedder

Brisbane