birding-aus

Re: bbbq sites

To: <>
Subject: Re: bbbq sites
From: "Overs, Anthony (REPS)" <>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:49:10 +1000
Hi

BBBQ is one of the easiest birds I've ever seen. I was given some
directions to Inskip Point and found four birds in thirty seconds after
getting out of the car. I'd given myself an hour or two to find them!

Grab a map of Inskip Point from the national parks office in Rainbow
Beach. While you're there, ask them about recent sightings. They were
very helpful, telling me about birds in the camp sites along the road to
the point.

I saw the birds near the very end of the point, where the tar road ends
in a loop. The sand track to the point continues from the loop. There's
a walking track to the point that leads off the loop on the bay side.
The birds were in under the casuarinas, only 30m in. Look for the large
platelets in the litter. Look ahead as you go because they skulk off
quickly, however you can get great views.

The mangroves on the bay side were also good for, funnily enough,
Mangrove Honeyeater, Mangrove (Collared) Kingfisher and Mangrove
Gerygone.

Good luck
Anthony

i was hoping for some advice on reliable sites to see the black-breasted

button-quail around Inskip Point and the town of 1770 in
Queensland.......

any information would be much appreciated