birding-aus

Ten Canoes

Subject: Ten Canoes
From: Peter Kyne <>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 10:55:23 +1000
Dear All,

Had the pleasure of watching the movie Ten Canoes last night. A brilliant film that I would recommend to all.

Now to tie this posting into the topic of birds - throughout nearly the entire movie, which was filmed on location in Arnhem Land, you can hear birds calling. In fact, they seemingly form a large part of the backdrop of the movie.

My knowledge of bird calls is still well below average, particularly those from outside SE Queensland, but if one did have the knowledge it would be an interesting (albeit somewhat nerdy!) exercise to put together a film ticklist.

Didn't notice any Grey-headed Lapwings though, so we can conclude that it likely did not migrate through Arnhem Land on its way to Burren Junction!! (sorry, couldn't help mentioning the bird of the moment).

Regards, Pete Kyne, Brisbane

Peter M. Kyne

PhD Candidate
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology
University of Queensland
St Lucia 4072 QLD
Ph: (07) 3365 2720 or 3365 2944
Fax: (07) 3365 1299