birding-aus

Coucal

To: "Colin Driscoll" <>, <>
Subject: Coucal
From: "Jill Dening" <>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 09:04:23 +1000
Colin, there appears to be a definite winter behaviour, though I don't
understand if fully. I just walked out my back door and disturbed the
Pheasant Coucal, which spends every winter in our garden, skulking through
our heavy undergrowth. It doesn't call through the winter, but is always
here. Although in summer we never have one in our garden, and we hear them
further afield around us regularly. We are in the Glasshouse Mountains area
just north of Brisbane.

Cheers,

Jill