birding-aus

Fw: Grey-headed Lapwing: How it got there - a SCANDAL report

To: "Birding-aus (E-mail)" <>
Subject: Fw: Grey-headed Lapwing: How it got there - a SCANDAL report
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 12:32:38 +1000
How it got there - a SCANDAL reportGreetings All,

Apologies to Nevil for sending this on. I have no idea of the veracity of the
following but I received this and it really is not fair, not to forward it to
the list now. You or anyone else can make their own conclusions or
investigations about this. If true and it seems more likely to me than that the
bird arrived of its own power, this is not unprecedented. I was not being
entirely sarcastic in my earlier message. If the bird arrived in northern
Australia then natural occurrence makes sense. I recall the stuffed Night-Heron
(years ago or is this a myth) that someone stuck in a tree somewhere in Britain
to attract lots of British birding tourists, before eventually it was realised
that the bird was dead and stuffed and nailed there (or something like that).

Philip